Reduce Your Carbon Footprint with the Right Office Furniture
Having a green workplace is more than just a fashion statement. Many architects and builders agree that a sustainable workplace is a necessity that carries a number of important benefits. There are many ways to go green, such as by using recyclable paper products, offering fresh, healthy foods in the cafeteria and adding smart decor like natural plants. You can also reduce your carbon footprint by purchasing the right office furniture.
Traditionally speaking, office furniture isn’t a friend to the environment. Many of the pieces are made from materials like plastic, wood or fake wood, soaking up energy consumption, water usage, trees and other materials. When the furniture has seen the end of its days, it’s then tossed into the landfills, creating more pollution.
By shopping smart for office furniture, you can significantly reduce your carbon footprint and feel good about what you’re putting into the workplace. Remanufactured office workstations are the perfect compromise, and the Essentially New furniture line is a great place to start. Let’s take a look at what this repurposed furniture has to offer.
- Furniture that would otherwise end up in the landfills is purchased by companies and refurbished to look like new.
- The furniture is compatible with its original systems, and you have options in terms of fabric choices and work surface color.
- Since the furniture is kept out of the landfills, it reduces pollution and energy consumption and puts the furniture back into offices that need it.
- The furniture is simply restored rather than built for new, so it uses far less raw materials.
- Because fewer materials are needed, the manufacturing process is gentle on the environment, saving energy, water and natural resources.
- With a less expensive manufacturing process and the ability to use most of the materials, refurbished office workstations come at about half the price of new.
The two biggest benefits to choosing recycled office furniture is saving money and lowering your carbon footprint. But this is just the tip of the iceberg. As you continue to make smart advances in your workplace, you will see many other benefits emerge. Studies show that a sustainable workplace offers the following:
- Lower building costs
- Higher market value
- Improved productivity
- Boosted company morale
- Healthier occupants
- Improved sales
- Tax benefits
A business is an investment, and what better way to give back to this investment than by furnishing it with quality, recycled office furniture from the Essentially New furniture line!